Monday, October 8, 2007

HW18: Brutalizing 3 year olds

In the past seven days of Jezebel, I found an article that was extremely disturbing. Today at 5pm an article was written about three-year old children being raped in Congo. The article is called Hearts of Darkness: In Congo They Raped 3 year olds. (http://jezebel.com/gossip/hearts-of-darkness/in-congo-they-rape-three+year+olds-308412.php)
For me this was the worst article I have read so far. I was originally looking for a topic I didn't enjoy or something that wasn't very well-written for this assignment. But once I came across this post I could not believe the headline, I had to read more. The post starts off with the most gruesome quote I have ever read.
"Many have been so sadistically attacked from the inside out, butchered by bayonets and assaulted with chunks of wood, that their reproductive and digestive systems are beyond repair."
This is the worst blog I have ever read on Jezebel. Not because the style of writing, or because of the vocabulary chosen, but because what kind of sick people would ever do such a cruel think. Literally when I read this, my heart sank. The article goes on to say another very disturbing thing.
"And yeah, they do it to three-year-olds and generally burn the babies who are too young to rape."
I couldn't believe my eyes. The fact that they were punishing babies for not being old enough to rape too. The entire situation is the most disgusting, heinous thing I have ever heard of.

No comments: