Monday, October 8, 2007

17 B: DailyKos or Wonkette?

In the two interviews in Kline and Burstein's Blog! How the Newest Media Revolution is changing Politics, Business and Culture, Zuniga and Cox discuss their feelings on there jobs with blogging and their blogging sites. In my opinion DailyKos proved to be more about politics even in the interview. When I looked at the site it seemed very informative about certain people, especially views on Republicans and Democrats. From the beginning of the interview with Cox, she hadn't started talking about anything that had to do with politics or elections. As I read on, it continued talking about stuff that I felt was very gossipy.
I would definitely much rather read information on DailyKos to try and influence and gain more knowledge on an election. Although for an everyday read, I would choose to read Wonkette because it seems more interesting and funny without boring me. I'm not very into politics so the gossipy column would pull me in as a read. But if I really wanted more knowledge that wasn't just bashing on different people, I would read DailyKos.

No comments: