Wednesday, September 12, 2007

hw 6: top interests

My three groups of interest for the semester long research project are overcoming sexism, overcoming religious intolerance, and the standards that are put out for women. Sexism is a topic that I would be interested in learning about because it is something I can relate too. Most women can relate to some sort of sexist encounter. I feel that learning about this will be empowering for me because I am a young woman. The topic of overcoming religious intolerance is a big deal for me. I am extremely religious myself and I do not know what I would do if my religion was not approved of or discriminated against in this society. I have seen people make discriminatory slurs towards other religions and I would never want to experience that myself. The last topic that I would like to learn about is a topic that I added. I feel that the standards for women these days are posted everywhere. The news, billboards, magazines, the workplace, and even online, set high expectations for how women should look and present themselves. In my opinion these things should be changed in many different ways. I would really enjoy learning more about each one of these topics.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Good, Annie, you're really clear on what areas of marginalization you're interested in and why. Have you chosen your top three social computing technologies are, also?