Wednesday, September 12, 2007

hw 5b: Blogging is like an online diary

On page 248 of Kline and Burstein's Blog! How the Newest Media Revolution is Changing Politics, Business, and culture, Kline writes about the power of blogging for certain people. He states that blogging has helped people gain careers in writing books and becoming authors. Along with this he mentions that blogging can have a life-changing impact. Kline mentions how people are able the post blogs about their own experiences and get support for things such as terminal illnesses, being a new mother or entering into a new career. In my own life experiences these examples seem as something you would write in a personal diary. I feel as though blogging is just the same. In my opinion I would not want to write my personal things online for everybody to have accsess to them. My life stories and experiences are personal and not for the world, or bloggers to have accsess too. I wouldn't scrutinize these people for doing it, but I peronally do not agree with it. I tell my friends and/or family how I feel about my own life and I could not share them over the internet.